The-Super-Duper-Ultra-Mega-Late Thoughts on NAIA and Hong Kong.

 It was our first time riding an Airplane (well for my dad, it was his first time to leave international waters) and everybody was extremely psyched, ignoring the fact that it was 4 in the morning at Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 2, and that most of us didn’t get any decent sleep.

Our little family trip to Hong Kong started last May 27, 2012 and ended on the 31st. At first, i thought four days in a different Asian territory would suffice, since i was only after a quick visit and glance at the Apple Store in Central, Hong Kong. But as i checked the itinerary, there was no room for the fruit company in our schedules. Moving on…

The trip to Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Terminal 2 was hyper. Me and my younger sister kept blabbering and horsing around in the car, while my mom and my middle sister slept the whole ride. Manila was just fascinating by night as it was in the afternoon. everything was open, and cold. There was no traffic, purely because it was in the crack of the morning. It was weird in a way, as there were still people out in the highways that made me wonder where they were headed. But that’s none of my business…

NAIA from the inside was okay. Whenever i pondered myself in the highways of Manila i always passed by NAIA, but never saw it up-close as i had that fortunate day. It was full of open spaces, and glass walls, which i am biased to as something magnificent. The route to the terminal was quite odd, since most of everything was dark and hard to see. We got lost on the way, but nothing like a good ‘ol “ask-for-directions” can’t fix. The security and the immigration stuff was also awesome for me, since ive never seen so many guards and security. Some were sleeping in their posts, and couldn’t help myself at staring awkwardly at them. But then there were others who just stood there, giving you the face.

A three hour wait on the airport was somewhat enough to take a good look on everything. The part where you wait for your plane (sorry i don’t know what it was called. :|) had only a few people. and the airport was almost free to run wild to. my dad slept awkwardly in the seats, as he always has to be awkward in every unfamiliar place. it’s like his way of leaving a mark on things. i don’t really know. me and my younger sister read the books we brought, and my middle sis plugged some music on her ears and ate the wait away.. my mom just kept laughing at my dad’s attempt to leave his mark. it was corny, and it didnt amuse us, so we just minded our own business.

At last, morning came, and so did our plane. it was HUGE. you know those thoughts you make, when you try to figure out how big your plane is? That’s what i kept thinking. from the glass wall it was small, like a private plane, i thought. but when we got closer it was big as hell.

Everything inside was breathtaking. The people inside seemed they were also in it for the vacation and they seemed nice enough to mind their own business. I liked that, when people don’t care about the stuff you did, and just let you slide by whatever you want with it.

These are my parents, btw. 🙂 That’s my mom and then my dad.

So after the quick, 1 1/2 hour of flight. we finally reached Hong Kong.

Hong Kong’s Airport was just as new as the insides of NAIA to us. Though im not on the biased, side, but the exit from the airport was much organized, and it wasn’t likely to get lost. Maybe because we were guided? Despite the labels being Cantonese and all. But setting aside the long line from the customs and immigration, which didn’t even gave me time to listen to my iPod for some after-flight songs, we made it through our Hotel at West Kowloon safe and sound.

Silka West Kowloon Hotel…The place was small, quaint and had lots of carpets. It disturbed me to be walking on every single floor with a weird cottony feel at your feet. It’s like the fear of getting too much dirt onto something you’re not even responsible for cleaning with. The four-day free breakfast consisted of Siomai, Unlimited Fried Rice with Carrots and Peas and Small Ham Bits, Cereals and Veggies. For 4 days that’s what we ate for breakfast, and we just grabbed everything we can eat. It wasn’t something your mouth would get bored with, i don’t know, since i practically ate the same stuff all morning. But the breakfast wasn’t even half of it.

On the first day, we spent our day with Hong Kong’s cultures. we went almost everywhere except Central. Dangit, right? i mean,we’ve checked every place except central. 😐 bummer. But my attention to the Apple Store was riveted by the view of Victoria Harbor. It was just like Sampaloc Lake here in San Pablo City, only with alot of buildings, and it was of course bigger, since it connected to the South China Sea. But it was breathtaking.

Right after that we spend the whole day around the city, and everything was all Cantonese-y. weird. Never have i seen a place filled with things that were hard to read. you can really feel the territorial barriers poking through your eyes.

This is what i loved most. The epic view of the city at night. Lights flashed and flickered that made you think it was choreographed.

The night ended with an awesome view of the city. everything was new, everything was awesome. And with that, day one passed by with ease.

Day two was all about Disney. We spent the whole day at Disneyland and my parent’s excitement couldn’t get any hyped up. You see, it was their dream to one day get to visit Disneyland, so wish granted. 🙂

We walked, we ate, we rode a train…We got to see the whole place, and it was awesome. the roller coaster in tomorrowland was epic. It was something that i didnt expect, as i thought no ride in Disneyland would make me scream in joy. But it proved itself wrong, as it was something that i did not expect. 🙂

At night, we spent it all on the fireworks. it was as Breathtaking as any disney product would be. It was heart-warming, as the song and the fireworks blended well together. Some were teary-eyed, and some just broke down into tears. It was that magical. 🙂

And with that, for some of us, day two was the highlight of our trip. 🙂

Day Three and four was not so much cool. We just spent the days strolling around the city, mostly just exploring and stuff.

 Since day four was mostly spent packing for our leave, Day three was tiresome. We went for the markets that opened up late, we ate at some random Chinese restaurant. I could not remember the last time i struggled with chopsticks on rice. But i certainly had a hard time on that one. 😐

There were alot of tech shops there, alot of them seemed to resell legit stuff like Apple Products. Mostly fake electronics like beats by dr. dre. there were alot of them, but i knew how to tell weather they were fakes or not, so i got myself a legit pair of beats mixrs. very happy with my purchase. It was a worthit purchase, since i am an audiophile. or so i think i am.

With that, i bid Hong Kong my warmest thanks. 🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s